Things To Do Before A Kitchen Renovation
It is important to plan ahead for your kitchen renovation to prevent stress and chaos. Here is a list of things to do before your contractors arrive along with some tips to help make your kitchen renovation project go smoothly.
- Take down all curtains and pictures. Make sure to preserve anything you would like to keep.
- Clean out all cabinets. Donate any goods that you can and throw out all outdated products.
- Discard all the items you don't need. Consider donating glasses or plates to any charities that might need them.
- If your appliances are in good shape, contact a local charity to see if you can donate them. In New York City, the Mayor's Office can direct you to organizations that need your help.
- Use bins or cardboard boxes to store your plates and other kitchen sundries. Find a safe place to keep them.
- Label each box so that you will be able to find things easily when you restock drawers and cabinets.
- Designate a room that your contractors can use to store any of the items they are going to need when they are working on your home.
- If you are going to have the contractors come while you are at work, you may need to get a set of keys made for them.
- Make sure that your pets have a place to stay while you are doing your home improvements.
- Create a place for your family to eat and a makeshift kitchen for you to use while you are having this work done.
- Hits: 36